COMPLAINTS REGARDING THE PAYMENT SYSTEM FOR EVISA
Following complaints arising from failure in Evisa payments, the State Department for Interior and Citizen Services has clarified as follows:
- 2021: Payment for Evisa are sometimes declined due to insufficient funds or restrictions by the applicant’s bank;
- 2022: The 3D secure protection/restriction that had been enforced was removed on 9th November, 2021. Users now only require visa/master card to make payments.
The Ministry of Interior through the Office of the Director General has dedicated Mobile telephone Number: +254 110922062 to address any other challenges and to assist applicants who may have difficulties while making payments.
Payment complaints or queries can also be channeled to Evisa email address; firstname.lastname@example.org
A visa is required for entry by all visitors traveling to Kenya, with the exception of those who fall under the following categories:
- Persons in possession of valid permit or pass.
- Ship’s passengers arriving and departing by the same ship, and who do not leave the ship.
- Aircraft passengers transiting through Kenya, and who do not leave the international transit area of the international airport in Kenya.
- Holders of a laissez-passer issued by one of the organizations listed here below (a-q), while on official business for the organization in question, and upon presentation of an official document from this organization:
- United Nations (UN)
- African Union (AU)
- African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa (BADEA)
- International Red Locust Control Organization for Central and Southern Africa (IRLCO-CSA)
- Desert Locust Control Organization (DLCO)
- Common Market for Eastern & Southern Africa (COMESA)
- International Monetary Fund and World Bank (IMF/World Bank)
- Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
- African Airlines Travel Association (IATA)
- Environment Liaison Centre International (ELCI)
- Union of Radio, Television Network of Africa (URTNA)
- International Labor Organization (ILO)
- Preferential Trade Area/Common Market of East & Southern African Bank (PTA/COMESA)
- European Union (EU)
- International Potato Centre (CIP)
- African Reinsurance Corporation (ARC)
- Diplomatic and Service Passports from The Islamic Republic of Iran for a period not exceeding (30) Days stay.
- Diplomatic, Official, Special, and Service Passports, from The Republic of Turkey and members of their families holding valid Diplomatic, Official, Special, and Service Passports, while on Transit or Stay not exceeding ninety (90) days.
- Diplomatic, Official or Service Passports from the Federal Republic of Brazil for a period not exceeding ninety (90) days.
- Serving Members of the British Military (are exempted from visa formalities).
- The manifested crew of ships and aircraft passing through or stopping in Kenya for periods not exceeding seven (7) days in the case of air crew and fourteen (14) days for ship’s crew.
- Owners of private aircraft stopping over for refueling in Kenya and who do not leave the precincts of the airport.
Citizens of countries whose nationals do NOT require visas
Papua New Guinea
St. Vincent & the Grenadines
Trinidad & Tobago
Countries whose nationals do NOT require visas if they stay in Kenya for MAXIMUM ONE MONTH:
- South Africa
Citizens of countries whose nationals may be issued with visas on application provided that they meet the requirements of Visa Regulations
Antigua & Bermuda
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Central African Rep.
China (People’s Republic)
Congo,Republic of the (Congo Brazzaville)
Cote d’ Ivoire/ Ivory Coast
Congo,Democratic Republic of the (Congo Kinshasa)
Hong Kong (SAR)
Myanmar (formally Burma)
Sao Tome and Principe
Serbia and Montenegro
Taiwan (Endorsement made on a paper visitor’s pass)
United States of America
United Arab Emirates
Yugoslavia-and also Former States of Yugoslavia
Countries whose nationals are REFFERED to the Director of Immigration Services, Nairobi, for approval
Stateless persons and holders of refugee travel documents are also referred to the Director of Immigration Services.