Entry to Kenya
- A passport or travel document acceptable to the Government of Kenya valid for at least 6 months.
- A valid eVisa where applicable.
- Sufficient funds for subsistence while in Kenya.
- A return or onward ticket to the country of origin, domicile or destination.
CONDITIONS FOR AIR TRAVEL TO KENYA DURING THE COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS
- A COVID-19 Negative Certificate carried out within 96 hours prior to arrival (26th Mar. 2021 updated) Children below the age of 5 years will be exempted from COVID-19 negative PCR test. (11th Jun. 2021 updated)
- A digitization of the usual negative COVID-19 certificates and TrustedTravel Code (2D barcode) (11th Jan. 2021 updated)
- Submission of Travelers Health Surveillance Form and the corresponding QR codes (23rd Sep. 2020 updated) Thereafter submission of daily health information to jitenge platform for 14 consecutive days (11th Jun. 2021 updated)
Registration in Kenya
All visitors staying in Kenya for more than three months (90 days) must register their presence at the Alien section of the nearest Ministry of Immigration office, Department of Immigration Services.
Immunisation against yellow fever is only compulsory for travellers aged one year or over who enter Kenya from a yellow fever risk country in Central and Western African or Central and Latin American countries where yellow fever is still endemic.
Taking of anti-malaria medication is strongly recommended.
Import license for cats/dogs
- In accordance with the Animal Disease Act, visitors to Kenya are required to obtain an import permit for their cat or dog before they can bring the animal into the country.
- The permit can be obtained at the point of entry, upon presentation of a valid vaccination booklet (check with veterinarian).
- The following documents are also required:
- Animals in transit for less than 48 hrs do not need certificates 1-3, but will be kept in isolation at the owner’s expense, and can only leave Kenya by air or sea. Cats/dogs entering Kenya by land must be reported within three days of arrival.
The information above is subject to change from time to time. It is important to confirm this information before applying for a visa or departure to Kenya for updates.